Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

VoIP Telephone Services

I thought I should post some comments about my VoIP provider here. I have been using engin as my provider for the last 3 1/2 years without any major outages or technical issues. Some minor problems such as configuring routers and firmware updates have been completed by remote log in by an engin technician. Most times this has taken less then 5 minutes. It's a shame that I can't bundle my internet service with them also. Apparently my local exchange, where I live now, does not have ports available for competitors, so I have to use Telstra. What I can say that in the 3 1/2 years I have used engin is that there have only been two incidents which prevented me from using it. The first was because of a power failure and the second was because the internet provider at the time (Optus) had some major equipment failure. I think this is exceptional because the engin device I have has been running 24/7 since I installed it. Well done engin!

2 comments:

  1. Hi , nice information ! I need information about Polycom IP 7000 AC , Nortel BCM200 4.0 and what are the features of these product.

    Nortel BCM200 4.0c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I am not familiar with the systems you have mentioned above. I have only used engin for a home phone service and this has been without fault for over 3 years. I have used Cisco systems at places where I have worked...although this had some issues, it was within a corporate environment and therefore, heavy usage. Hope this helps. Cheers, Kevin

    ReplyDelete